[infobox]Julie Harrison has experience as both the parent of a dancer and as a consultant for admissions to college dance programs. She offers guidance and support through the rigorous college dance application and audition process. Julie works with students to create a personalized coaching plan based on individual needs and goals. This plan is two-fold:[/infobox]
[accordion_content title=”1. College Search and Dance Supplement:” title_size=”h5″]
- Assess student strengths, needs and potential with ballet, contemporary, modern, musical theatre, tap, and jazz.
- Explore programs in dance performance as well as other options such as choreography, pedagogy or dance arts administration.
- Address artistic and academic questions with respect to specific programs.
- Build a balanced school list: reach – fit – safety.
- Brainstorm essay topics and provide an essay writing coach.
- Organize requests for letters of recommendation.
- Establish a timeline.
[accordion_content title=”2. Audition Preparation:” title_size=”h5″]
- Create performance resume.
- Evaluate and determine best solo choreography for each campus audition.
- Guidance with headshot and required dance position photographs.
- Advice with hair, make-up and dance attire
- Creation of DVD prescreens or audition material, if necessary.
- Guidance with logistics of campus auditions.
- Interview coaching.